The UAGC offers Illumina MiSeq supported applications including DNASeq, RNAseq, targeted gene sequencing, Metagenomics (16S/custom), small genome sequencing, amplicon sequencing and other NGS pipelines.
DNA or RNA from a variety of sample types can be run on Illumina MiSeq including cells, tissue, and blood. We also offer DNA or RNA extraction for library prep.
- Small Genome Sequencing (Shotgun/de novo)
- Other supported and custom protocols (please inquire)
- Metagenome Analysis (16S/custom)
- miRNA profiling
- Methylation Analysis
- Cancer Genomics (RUO)
- RNASeq (transcriptome sequencing/expression analysis)
Expected Results: Select from Version 2 (v2) or Version 3 (v3)
- Read length: 1x50SR, 2x25PE, 2x150PE, 2x250PE
- Average data output: 750Mb (1x50SR, 2x25PE), 4.5Gb (2x150PE), 7.5Gb (2x250PE)
- Read length: 2x75PE, 2x300PE
- Average data output: 3.3Gb (2x75PE), 13.2Gb (2x300PE)
Data Delivery: All data is delivered via Cyberduck. See the following user guides for detailed instructions: Cyberduck User Guide
Fastq format reads as trimmed by MiSeq workflow
Any ancillary reports produced by the MiSeq workflow
Sample Preparation Details
DNA Sample Requirements (if not submitting tissue, cells, etc. for extraction):
- 3µg total DNA required (shotgun/de novo and Exome sequencing)
- DNA should contain no particulate matter
- DNA must be double stranded
- DNA should have an OD 260/280 ratio ≥ 1.8
- DNA should not be degraded
- DNA sample should be suspended in LowTE or water
RNA Sample Requirements:
- 200ng-4µg total RNA required depending on application
- RNA should be resuspended in RNAase free water and kept at -80°C until delivery to UAGC
- RNA should not be degraded
Complete the Request a Quote form and we will contact you to discuss your project workflow.
Quality Control of Samples: Every sample received for sequencing will go through a set of quality control checks before it can be processed. Customers may be asked for more DNA/RNA if their sample fails either of the following checkpoints:
- Pico/RiboGreen Assay to verify the quantity of starting material
- Bioanalyzer DNA/RNAchip to check the material quality
Cluster Generation: Cluster generation run between 10-12µM post library construction concentration
Sequencing Chemistry: The UAGC uses TruSeq SBS Chemistry.
Library Preparation/Construction: UAGC uses DNA/RNA TruSeq library construction kits- alternate protocols and kits availabe upon request.
*Note: Per Illumina recommendations we cannot run libraries that are more than 6 months old. Therefore, your library material will be disposed of 6 months after they are built in accordance with our SOPs.
Data Analysis: Supplementary data analysis will incur additional labor rates. Please contact Genome Analytic Services to discuss further data analysis needs.
Academic (UA): $1083.50 | Academic (non-UA): $1300.20 | Industry: $1625.25 | Unit: Flow Cell-v2 50 bases
Academic (UA): $1375.00 | Academic (non-UA): $1650.00 | Industry: $2062.50 | Unit: Flow Cell-v2 300 bases
Academic (UA): $1705.00 | Academic (non-UA): $2046.00 | Industry: $2557.50 | Unit: Flow Cell-v2 500 bases
Academic (UA): $1595.00 | Academic (non-UA): $1914.00 | Industry: $2392.50 | Unit: Flow Cell-v3 150 bases
Academic (UA): $1980.00 | Academic (non-UA): $2376.00 | Industry: $2970.00 | Unit: Flow Cell-v3 600 bases
Average turnaround time will vary dependent upon application and sample input. Average data turnaround time for most NGS projects is approximately 6-8 weeks. The UAGC operates on a first come, first serve entry into sample queue.
If there is a specific application you are interested in on the Illumina MiSeq but do not see listed here, please contact us to see if we can accomodate your needs!
University Customers: We are located in Keating Building Rm 106. Samples may be left in the freezer at the north entrance to our lab. Samples should be clearly labeled "Illumina" along with your contact information and billing account.
External Customers: Samples should be shipped pre-frozen and preferably on dry ice (although regular ice packs work well enough for overnight shipping). Sample tubes should be sealed with parafilm.
University of Arizona Genetics Core
ATTN: Illumina NGS
1657 E. Helen Street
Keating Building, Rm 106
Tucson, AZ 85721